Migrating to Django from flask
·191 words·1 min
The big day has come, I am finally migrating to Django!
Many of you must be wondering why I am doing this right? Let me list down a list of reasons why I am doing so :D
Why I am migrating to Django:
- It is very hard to add blog posts in the current implementation of Flask. Django has built-in administrative features that allow me to extend the application based on my own needs.
- It is easier to extend and add more features in Django compared to Flask.
- Take a chance to remove some useless features (Crypto stuff?)
- For fun?????
As such, my blog will now be shrunk down to a smaller subset of what it was before. However, don’t worry :D I will eventually be adding everything back in step by step.
These are the current features on the horizon:
- Content Security Policy (CSP)
- Search Feature (Restore back to old website state)
- Quiz Feature (Restore back to old website state)
- Poll Feature (New :D)
Hopefully, as I add in more features, it will slowly improve my programming skills and I will be on my way to being a better programmer.