Topic Chosen #
Whilst Singapore is considered a developed nation, there are still many who are less fortunate than others. How can we embrace inclusively and integrate people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized?
Why this topic #
Our group is very passionate about the idea of inclusion and the need to make the world a better place.
We believe that the segregation between the majority and the minority is due to the lack of interaction between those with different backgrounds and this creates misunderstanding and discord among them.
To alleviate this issue, our group has decided to come up with our app idea
JioU, where everyone can participate in events to help others. Groups of individuals will be grouped into teams containing people from various walks to life to participate in the event.
JioU is a simple, yet powerful, way to connect with others. Everyone can participate in events to help others. Groups of individuals will be grouped into teams containing people from various walks to life.
Through participating in the events, participants will get to know each other better. Even if the differences between the individuals are not immediately resolved, they will get to know one another better.
Why us #
- Learn more about different cultures
- Ability to make new friends in the process
- Get to meet more like minded people
Business Model #
Cash Inflow #
- Differences between the cost charged by the company and the amount the user is paying.
- Advertising fees from the companies for advertisement
Cash Outflow #
- Maintaining the website and development team.
Tech Stack #
Grouping Algorithm #
Algorithm was not fully integrated into the final product.
- Perform KNN with Given 5 Dimensions
- Get groups of n that best separate clusters
- Perform Random Swaps with respect to number of groups to ensure even distribution
We have a team of very talented software engineers, dedicated to the idea of inclusion.
- Lau Xin Yee (UI/UX Designer & Frontend Dev)
- Neo Rui En, Maybelline (UI/UX Designer & Frontend Dev)
- Stephen Tan Hin Khai (Backend Dev)
- Wen Junhua (Backend Dev)